Elon Musk’s top 8 meeting rules, including walking out of a meeting that wastes your time:
1.No large meeting unless they’re of value to the entire audience, keep them short
2. Don’t have frequent meetings unless the matter is truly urgent. Resolve it, stop meeting.
3. Walk out of the meeting or drop off a call as soon as it obviously isn’t adding value. It is not rude to leave, it is rude to make someone stay and waste their time.
4. Don’t use acronyms and nonsense words for objects, software, or processes.
5. Avoid any terms that require explanation, because they inhibit communication.
6. Communicate directly with individuals rather than through a chain of command.
7. Any manager enforcing chain-of-command communication will be fired.
8. Don’t follow any company rule that does not make sense